removing toilet in Chinook

Hello,

Has anyone removed a toilet in a toyota chinook before?

I want to remove mine permantenly so that I can use the space as a closet. I think all I need to do is unscrew the two screws holding it down in the front (there's this little plastic flap thing in the front that you can take out.)

The thing I'm concerned about is, once I remove the toilet, is there an open hole in the camper going right down to that stinky black water reservoir? Is there a way to cover it up some how if there is?

I'm wondering if maybe once I take the toilet out if there's a latch that seals off the stinkiness. :)

Thanks for your help!!

Craig

I've never seen a permanent/mounted toilet in a chinook before, only "portable" chemical toilets to stow away. That being the case I don't have a definitive answer but I would imagine that you would have to fabricate your own way to cover the hole.

Just because I'm too into these chinooks would it be possible to get a picture of the toilet; I'd like to see how it is done.

hello Haleth,

I wanted to mention that I have posted a bunch of toilet pics on the gallery section. :)

If the nuts on your either side of your toilet are not rusted, this is an extremely easy job. If they are rusted, it is an extremely difficult job. Best solution I found (after sawing, grinding, and burning toilet) is a saws all. That will cut the rusted bolt right off. Highly recommend it.

SO, if you're trying to do this job, you'll notice a little plastic tab in front of your toilet. Promptly ignore that tab, as this is not where you take out your toilet from. Feel around the left and right side of the toilet. There are two indentations in both left and right sides of the toilet. Feel at the bottom of the indentations and you'll notice that there are two screws at the bottom of the indentations. These screws hold your toilet on. They are quite easy to take off if they are not rusted. (pics of screws are in image gallery).

Once you get those two screws out you need to unscrew hose going into toilet. Then you can freely disengage toilet.

One point! Do not turn on water pump for sink as this water pump also pumps water to the toilet. So you will have a soggy bathroom if you do.

Thanks!! and happy toileting!

• 3 months later...