Battery charges from driving coach

DocJones

Dear friends,

We are taking our first extended trip in our sweet little 93 Toyota motor.we will be driving from Petaluma to Portland Oregon and taking about nine days to do it. I have a Honda 2000 generator but would prefer not to take it if not necessary. My question is will driving 3 to 4 hours a day keeps the coach battery charged enough? We have gone away for as long as 3 to 4 days without taking the generator and done fine. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Dear friends,

We are taking our first extended trip in our sweet little 93 Toyota motor.we will be driving from Petaluma to Portland Oregon and taking about nine days to do it. I have a Honda 2000 generator but would prefer not to take it if not necessary. My question is will driving 3 to 4 hours a day keeps the coach battery charged enough? We have gone away for as long as 3 to 4 days without taking the generator and done fine. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Steve,

You shouldn't have any problem with your coach battery from driving three to four hours a day if the coach battery is in good shape.

Sounds like a proper amount of time for a trip of that length. Should be fun.

John

Steve,

You shouldn't have any problem with your coach battery from driving three to four hours a day if the coach battery is in good shape.

Sounds like a proper amount of time for a trip of that length. Should be fun.

John

John'

Thanks for your quick reply. Great news. The battery is a brand new rv marine deep cycle from costco. I'll post some pictures on our return.

Steve