About to take the plunge....

KathyF

Okay, I've been looking at a 1989 Dolphin, and am just about ready to commit. One owner (sadly, deceased) and less than 26,000 original miles. This thing was babied and the son/daughter-in-law have a folder with all records/receipts for every oil change and maintenance visit. It was not garaged, but the outside seems in darn good shape. There was apparently a small roof leak (stains on ceiling), and the roof was last sealed in 2007. I get the impression they would just regularly take the vehicle to an RV service center and basically said "look it over and do what needs to be done." It's stock - no awning, inverter, extra battery, fancy stereo, etc.

Does $9,500 in San Francisco Bay Area sound reasonable (I at least imagine there is some geographic difference in pricing)?

Thanks,

Kathy

Sounds steep, but maybe it's truly mint. Or maybe it's like California real estate.

Has the estate been probated and an executor assigned?

If you do buy, you'll probably need a bill of sale signed by the executor of the estate, and official copies of the legal instrument designating the executor (not the will, but a document issued by the county court, generally). And the title and bill of sale should be signed by the executor with their name, NOT signed in the name of the deceased.

Went through this with a boat once and doing it right the first time is the only option because it is extremely frustrating to get the right paperwork after the fact.

Thanks for the input, I never would have thought of all that stuff! Unfortunately, the decision is out of my hands. Due to a miscommunication with the sellers, they sold to someone else. :(

Kathy

Sounds steep, but maybe it's truly mint. Or maybe it's like California real estate.

Has the estate been probated and an executor assigned?

If you do buy, you'll probably need a bill of sale signed by the executor of the estate, and official copies of the legal instrument designating the executor (not the will, but a document issued by the county court, generally). And the title and bill of sale should be signed by the executor with their name, NOT signed in the name of the deceased.

Went through this with a boat once and doing it right the first time is the only option because it is extremely frustrating to get the right paperwork after the fact.