paint and/or replacement for metal access door/vents

Kathy Laurin

Doing some touch up on my 88 Sunrader and wondering if anyone has found a source for replacement of any of the exterior access doors/vents. I was able to easily locate a replacement door for the hot water heater but not for the furnace or small stove vent. In lieu of replacement, has anyone found a 20 plus year faded colonial white paint for touch up on the metal vents? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Kathy,

I'm not sure about replacement parts, but an auto paint store can mix you up any color under the sun!!! They have books of color chips, just like a Home Depot, only they deal specifially with auto enamel. A pint of auto paint goes a long. long way, and might cost you between $15 -$25 depending upon the color. (However, you may be able to get an auto body paint shop to squirt you out a small amount of a similar color .......something left over from a job and premixed).)

Of course, there's always good ol' Krylon or Rustoleum Spray paint, but color matching might be tricky.

Best Wishes.

shanda