Trip to KY

John H

Just returned from a trip to the bluegrass area in KY. During the drive from SW OH to KY the temperatures were in the 90's. The 134b AC retrofit worked very well and kept the cab and some of the coach cool.

The Sunrader drove very smoothly. Total trip with side trips was over 300 miles. Averaged 15 MPG. That's a little low but I drove mostly 60 MPH and am sure the heat contributed to the mileage.

All appliances worked well, in fact the 24 year old Dometic kept the refrigerator at 40 degrees or less and the ice cubes remained frozen solid.

I was surprised how well the Toyota handled on down hills at 75 MPH. I drove it mostly like a truck driver would, feeling the accelerator position and not pushing it excessively while it slowed down on upgrades and speeded up on downhills. If I tried to keep at 60+ MPH up hills I'm sure the MPG would have been lower. I've found the "sweet spot" is between 55 and 60 MPH.

John H SW OH

'86 21' Sunrader; 22RE; 43D; 58K

John,

That's a lovely story. I bet KY was beautiful. What I love about our little toys, is that they allow us to take our time and really enjoy the scenery.

Thanks for sharing.

shanda