dual model propane/co detectors

Has anyone upgraded their propane detector to one of the dual propane/co models from Atwood, Safe-T-Alert, or some other brand? If so, where did you mount it and do you like the unit? Any problems with false alarms? Any thoughts on these combination models and the fact that normally a co detector would be mounted at least 4-5' high since the gas is lighter than air and the propane unit is mounted close to the floor since it is heavier than air? Do you think this is a non-issue in a small toy? Thanks in advance for any input.

I looked at getting one of those duals but opted for the singles. I bought a CO detector from Orchard Supply on-sale but they are still pricey. I wanted my CO on the ceiling instead of the floor and I wanted my propane on the floor. Note that the propane detectors have a life span I think of 3 or 4 years so its important to check the manufacturer date when purchasing one. The CO might also have a life span, I will have to look at mine and see if it has any thing on it or in the instructions. I mounted my CO on the ceiling and my propane about 8 inches from the floor more towards the stove and heater. The same place the manufacturer had it located.

Thanks Greg. After doing a bit more searching I came to the same conclusion and will be doing the same as you suggested. The CO detectors do have an expiration date. I know it is recommended the Propane detectors be replaced every five years. Not sure if they actually become inaccurate after this time, if it is just a safety measure, or a good way to sell more detectors. I would also be curious to know if the life cycle of all these units is pretty standard or if there is some variance depending on make and model.

I bought a propane detector off ebay for $10 plus shipping. Made sure before as to the dates etc. It was a year old so $10 for 4 years is not bad. If a seller can not give you the dates then pass on it. Not sure what brand I got but it was easy to install.