Water pump bypass valve

Have a Rader, 85, Class C. Water pump runs but no water, afetr complete fill. We were asked if the bypass valve was open or closed..and the guy who winterized the unit isn't around..so what we need to know is.. where is the valve located, and.. should the valve be open or closed for general use,...and how do we tell if its open or closed/???????

Sorry to be such no-nothings

The water pump pulls the water direct from the tank. The city water hook-up tees into the water line on the output side of the pump, thus eliminating the need for the pump when using outside water. There is no bypass valve for the clean water tank but may have a directional valve which would not allow outside water to flow back into the pump. There is an aftermarket bypass for the water heater for winterizing but it will not effect water pressure in the rest of the system. Your problem sounds exactly like the one I had one season. I winterized the system and the pump was working fine, come spring when I filled the tank and tried the pump, it would run but not a drop of water would come out. I had to replace the pump.

Allen

Look at the valves near the water tank. Turn them so they 'line up' with the pipe you want to use. Just think about bypassing and set the valves so water will flow into the hot water tank and flow out.

John H '86 21' Sunrader, 22RE, auto

The water pump pulls the water direct from the tank. The city water hook-up tees into the water line on the output side of the pump, thus eliminating the need for the pump when using outside water. There is no bypass valve for the clean water tank but may have a directional valve which would not allow outside water to flow back into the pump. There is an aftermarket bypass for the water heater for winterizing but it will not effect water pressure in the rest of the system. Your problem sounds exactly like the one I had one season. I winterized the system and the pump was working fine, come spring when I filled the tank and tried the pump, it would run but not a drop of water would come out. I had to replace the pump.

Allen

I once blew the system out with a screw on valve stem. DON'T DO THIS! My lost its prime and the only way I could get it to pump again, after an hour of cussing, was to fill the water tank and blow water to the pump with an air hose. (pressurized the tank) Works fine now and lesson learned.