Ya gotta luv 'em !

Shoprat

So ok, it's time for the first trip of the year. Ol' Shoprat an Against the Wind will be going out East to Penny to applaud my daughter as she accepts her Masters degree. I will be there to give my inpersonation of a pidgeon with its' chest puffed out with pride ay my " Little Girl"...

However, was going to leave Tuesday morning( 5th of May), but as I was filling up the front tank on Against the Wind, I noticed fuel dripping on the ground. I figgered that wasn't the way it's supposed to go, and looked underneath. Fuel was dripping out of the filler hose ! I stopped fueling, paid the bill for the partial tank, and drove to the garage to have it checked out. Takes 2" flex fuel hose. Had to order the hose. Only comes in 3 foot lengths at about 70 bucks a pop. I need about 18 inches to replace what's there. Coming in to the garage tomorrow. So I will leave on Wed instead of Tues.

Just glad it happened here instead of in the middle of Penny some where. Just wanted to give ya all a heads up so you can check out yours and see if this could happen to you.

Maybe when I come back, I will offer up the left over hose to somebody to get some use out of it.

John

I case you did not know all vehicles are equipped with a device called “a critical detector” it senses the urgency of use so a normal trip will not trigger the “detector” however as soon as there is an emergency or an important trip the “detector” will case some thing to fail! Congrats to you daughter good for her!

Thanks Maineah...

The " Critical Detector" explains everything. In all my years of wrench twisting, I was never able to put 2 and 2and 2 together as to why certain things happened. The time I was working rapidly and hard to get a valve job done by Friday afternoon, only to get done ( almost) and discover the valve seals hiding under the valve covers on the bench. 1 hour before closing time ! The times a special bolt would break under the most innocent circumstances ! The times a plastic part would crumble under my fingers. I always just figgered the %^&*(&*^% things hated me. I apologise to all the vehicles I ever called nasty names, and to the engineers that designed them. They also incurred my wrath !

Horrors !

Thankee for the congrats to my daughter. She's getting it at the age of 42 ( Sorry for tellin' , Darcy ), while raising a daughter, and sometimes working also. She's the perfect example of that old song, "I am Woman". Imagine a beautiful woman wrapped around an Abrams tank when she's going for a self designated goal. I can also take third credit for creating her. Me, her Mom, and God had a hand. I gotta go wipe my eyes, allergies , ya see...

Some years ago I found that "device" and realized it was time to leave the auto industry (slow learner it took 35 years) and get a "clean" job doing electronics work. Well you spilled the beans I now know you are my age!

I had the same experience about two years ago, my local Napa Store had the 2 inch filler hose in stock, at $15 a foot.

Congradulations to your daughter....Glad to hear I am not the only 40 something (okay closer to 50 than 40 but just barely)

working on a Masters...

Dennis...