unknown water leak.Need help.

boredman

I have a 91 toyota warrior.When I pressurize the water system I have a leak coming from under the vehicle above the gray water tank.A very fast leak.The only thing above the tank is the water heater tank which is in the coach under the sink.I checked the drain valve and pressure relief valvles on the side of the coach for the hot water tank and they are fine.The gray water tank is drained and its coming from above it so unlikely from that tank.But it seems like there is water gurgling from the hot water tank as it leaks.Is it somehow connected to the undercarriage?The only way to visualize the leak would be to drop the grey water tank I think?I dont have a water tank bypass valve.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

I have the same unit as you Mine has 4 drain valves 2 under the sofa and 2 more a little to the rear of the Hot water heater those drain above the waste tanks kind of runs all over.

Well I primed the system again with the hot water and cold water taps open.I have a feeling I didn't have the hot water tap open last time.i wonder if pressure built up and there is some release valve or something on the bottom of the hot water heater.I'll keep an eye on it.I was also getting some leaking from the drain valves under the sink and this seems to have stopped as well.Has anyone experienced problems with the in line drain valves leaking?

Hello boredman.

I bought an '84 Dolphin after checking for leaks etc. It checked out fine until I actually went camping in it.

No leaks until I fired up the water heater. I noticed water running out the heater door. I by-passed the tank and drained it. When I got home I pressurized the system with the garden hose including the tank.

No leak. I fired up the heater and in minutes water was just running out. I removed the heater and no visable cracks or holes. I found the flame tube was eroded from the inside and only leaked when expanded due to heating. I replaced the tank and all is well.

Good luck. T.A J.

Well I primed the system again with the hot water and cold water taps open.I have a feeling I didn't have the hot water tap open last time.i wonder if pressure built up and there is some release valve or something on the bottom of the hot water heater.I'll keep an eye on it.I was also getting some leaking from the drain valves under the sink and this seems to have stopped as well.Has anyone experienced problems with the in line drain valves leaking?

I had the drain valves behind the water heater leaking this spring. I didn't know they were there when I was winterizing. Luckily, I stroked them up and down a few times and everything sealed up again.

Most of the hot water tanks will not complealy drain because the drain is higher then the bottom of the tank and that leaves a good collection of yuck on the bottom of the tank and they will rot at the very bottom. Pretty fine holes too, hard to see even with the tank out. You can buy just the tank but for a few dollars more you can buy the entire heater.

I had a water leak from under the cabinet where the water storgae tank is. It only leaked when I was hooked to a water main outside. At first I though it was my fresh water storage tank, I thought it was punctured with a wood screw from underneath. But it turned out after much investigation to be the inlets underneath the kitchen sink. The water slowy seeped down under the hoses (so it was not very visible, surprising because of how much water was moving) and would trickle down behind and run from underneath the tank and on to the carpet, so it was an illusion that the storage tank was the culprit. After I tighten up the hoses to the sink the leak went away.