Two Water Fill tubes on 82' Dolphin

justin99

Greetings,

We just purchased an 82' dolphin and are checking out all the features. One thing I can't figure out is the 2nd water fill tube? Both are on the passengers side, one up front has a locking compartment that says drinking water. There is a second is near the back, it has no compartment, just a fill tube and cap with no explanation. Is this a second water tank?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

One should be the fresh water storage tank, usually has a threaded cap. The other should look like a hose bib, this one is for a water hose hookup at an RV park or home, or at least that is what mine if for. Attach the hose and use the water inside the RV like you would your home faucets. Be sure and check for leaks, water leaks fast under pressure.

While we are on the subject does any one know what the strange connection is next to the fresh water fill is? It looks like a quick connect fitting, on mine it goes no where nothing inside is hooked to it. I know it must have some purpose but dang if I know what. It has no threads just a little lip with a check valve inside. And justin99 if you hook up to your house or a camp ground it would be a good ideal to stop by an RV dealer and buy a pressure reducer for you water line they are only a few dollars and it could save your plumbing.

Suggest that you don't use the connection to the water main. 1) it is a very quick way to fill your holding tanks. 2) the anode in your hot water tank will last much longer 3) if you get a plumbing failure you may not know until you have dumped a bunch of water all over the interior. (you will hear the water pump if you are there) 4) Hearing the pump keeps you aware of water use and of any partly open faucets. 5) you can better control the quality of water you take on. 6) You can add chlorine to your tank if the water source is questionable.................Tony

Good points on the main water line. We usually have bottled water in the fridge plus the storage tank. I had written or added to a post on the bad smell coming from our pipes. We had many replies on how to get rid of the smell, we tried many. But guess what, the water coming out the hose is what smelled bad. I filled a cup of water directly from the hose at the Rv park and eureka I found the bad smell (and I already had a filter on the hose as well), so that being said I am also leary of screwing in the hose at any old RV park and want to have water I can trust for sure.

The hose bib is on the driver's side near the hot water heater. On this model there is a second threaded cap near the rear, just like the 'drinking water only' cap up front, only it's not behind a locking flap.

Could it be connected to the black water tank... to be used for flushing it out? Do any of these models have seperate clean water tanks, one for drinking, one for showers, toilet, etc?