Remounting my wheels and new tires

Iowacamper

All I have is the dog bone wheel nut tool from the tool kit.I want to get them correct ,tight.And also ,I am planning on putting never-seize on the studs.When I took them off they were super tight and had to use my foot to push on wheel wrench to get most loose.I do not like useing a impact and just hammering the crap out of them.Lug nuts are 23 mm.Thanks for any advice.

All I have is the dog bone wheel nut tool from the tool kit.I want to get them correct ,tight.And also ,I am planning on putting never-seize on the studs.When I took them off they were super tight and had to use my foot to push on wheel wrench to get most loose.I do not like useing a impact and just hammering the crap out of them.Lug nuts are 23 mm.Thanks for any advice.

Hi Iowacamper - If you have the full floating (6 lug) rear dual wheels, the correct torque for the lug nuts is 140 Ft. Lbs. The factory figure for the front lugs on my '82 Sunrader is 70 Ft. Lbs. The 140 Ft. Lb. figure for the rear lugs came with the paperwork from toyota that was with the factory updated axle.

Cheers.

Bill

Well I found the owners manual for 91 toyota in storage to the left of entry doorway and read in it to go 170 ft.lbs on rear wheels with duals and 76 ft.lbs on front wheels.Guess I will go that way and recheck after 50 miles of road driveing.

Hello,

A good place to find a breaker bar and a 23mm deep socket is Auto Zone.

Sears appears to have dropped all 23mm sockets from their inventory, at

least at the Indianapolis Indiana stores (was even told I could not order one).

I think I paid about $5 for a 23mm deep socket, and about $20 for an 18 inch

breaker bar. It gives me the levage needed to loosen the lug nuts.

Dennis...