New Owner Toyota Odyssey 1989

ChrisGalipo

I think you got a good deal. The interior looks better than average and you paid less than average for a unit of this type. Do be sure the timing belt has been replaced.

John H

SW OH

'86 21' Sunrader

22RE, auto

Looks like you got a good deal?

Where abouts are you located....I will be hosting a Toyota Rally in October in Central Illinois.

Dennis...

I'm from Québec, Canada... and yeah I think I got a good deal, I'll be posting lots of pictures when I'll have it at my house... it's still in the snow, I have to wait that all snow is gone away before going to take it to my house. SOrry for my bad english, I'm french-canadian.

LOOKS GOOD ,get rid of the ugly box on the back lol

Looks good. Make sure that you have the valves adjusted if they have not already been done. No easy, cheap job but could save you the cost of an engine rebuild. I learned from experience as my first Odyssey was a V6 (1991) and as is the one I curently own (1989)

I recently bought a 1989 odyssey americana fargo. It has flat panel fiberglass on the out side. 72000 mi and in excellent condition. when I can figure it out will add pictures.

Gary N.

That is a two-fer in my opinion! Great price and great condition ! Just one question though. That waterfall picture ain't one of those things that you turn on a switch and it appears the water is moving, is it ?

Sorry Sir..

Bad attempt at a joke. Back when I was a kid, there were pictures of rivers, streams , waterfalls that the water illustrated appeared to move . It was done by some sort of an electrical device in behind the picture. That particular picture on the wall of your rig reminded me of those. I was fascinated by the process back then.

Sorry again at the attempt of humor.

Sorry Sir..

Bad attempt at a joke. Back when I was a kid, there were pictures of rivers, streams , waterfalls that the water illustrated appeared to move . It was done by some sort of an electrical device in behind the picture. That particular picture on the wall of your rig reminded me of those. I was fascinated by the process back then.

Sorry again at the attempt of humor.

Ohhhhh ok, I get it! hahaha!! I'll replace that picture as soon as I have the Toy at my house... I'll get it on april 10th. I'll try to find what you're talking about and place it there! hahaha!

• 4 weeks later...

Took it home yesterday.

Had to do 400 miles to get it home.

We had 2 problems. First, it was undriveable over 45 miles/hour. Found out there was more than a pint of water in the front right tire. Now it's going GREAT!

Second, there is an alternator problem not charging enough... we had to replace the battery in the engine after 175 miles. We stopped for gas and it wasn't starting anymore... we had enough power to get home...

I'll have the alternator replaced soon and a good tune-up! It will be perfect condition! Everything else it working great.

By the way, I removed that ugly wood cabinet on the rear bumper. It was rotting and getting loose and dangerous. I'll probably install a light plastic box there.

post-2302-1239643480_thumb.jpg

post-2302-1239643498_thumb.jpg

post-2302-1239643518_thumb.jpg

post-2302-1239643544_thumb.jpg

looks really clean. Nice rig. :)

I agree that rear box thing is a bit ugly. It looks quite heavy too. But it is homemade which is always cool. Adding more stuff/weight to the rear doesn't seem necessary or desirable to me even tho I know a lot of ppl have carriers back there.

looks really clean. Nice rig. :)

I agree that rear box thing is a bit ugly. It looks quite heavy too. But it is homemade which is always cool. Adding more stuff/weight to the rear doesn't seem necessary or desirable to me even tho I know a lot of ppl have carriers back there.

it has been removed anyway.

• 2 months later...