Need replacement of Sunrader camper curved upper windows

Guest Guest

Hi,

My wife and I just drove my 1987 Sunrader !8 foot 4x4 to NC and back from CA on a 4 month trip. We had many adventures and unfortunately mechanical problems with alternator, rear rims, fuel tank, generator, and now we need a new window for the right front cab over (upper window of camper (not truck cab window). It cracked through and through the plastic and needs total replacement. Only duck tape keeps the weather out now That's the only problem that I had before I left that I still have. Someone once told me that the windows made from the origional molds is still available in CA but I lost the contact number.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know a source of new plastic tinted Sunreder camper (cabover) windows? I believe that I will just replace both upper front windows since the other uncracked one is crazed and just as old. I appreciate any help I can get and will try to get some pictures up when I figure out how to do it.

Thanks

hummer178@cox.net

• 4 weeks later...

I know of two sources. One is the original manufacturers location. There is an rv dealer there now but the owner was part of sunrader and kept the molds for the front windows. A bit pricey at about $250 or so each. If your interested in that I will look up the phone number. Anoiher source for used is http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/ There are three or four different styles depending on year.

Greg

• 1 year later...
Guest M McLean

Hi

I've got a 84 18 ft Sunrader and need the four sliding windows, (two in the bed area above the cab and two by the table).

Any luck on finding one?

MRM

• 3 years later...
Guest napacarl

Here is the number for the original Sunrader factory. Give them a call about windows. They once told me that they still have the original front window molds.

707-252-8188

Guest napacarl

Greg,

The place with the sunrader windows is Advantage RV. The owner worked for Sunrader here in Napa before they closed down.

I visited their business and confirmed that the do have front windows. 707-252-8188 is still the current number.

p.s. thanks to all who helped with my registration, working fine now.

camp12