Over cab window reseal

poppy

I have a 84 Dolphin with the bubble style window. Has anyone resealed one of these?

Is this something I can do? What type of sealant do you recommend?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Poppy

Hopefully you are in a warm weather climate currently. If not I would wait until the weather becomes dry and warm.

I would remove the old sealant completely. WD40 helps and then use soap/water to remove the WD40 and then rubbing alcohol for a nice dry application. I would use putty tape which is available at most RV places. I would apply the putty tape onto the window frame and press into place onto the RV. I would then install the inner window frame and slowly tighten each section A LITTLE AT A TIME. I use a hair dryer to heat up the window frame which causes the putty to expand nicely and then tighten again. I would leave it in the sun for a couple of days because the putty will ooze out which is a good thing. Then use a a plastic knife to clean up the excess putty. That is how I do it. Others do it differently. Its not a big deal but patience is important.

David

Thanks, I will wait awhile, 24 deg right now.

I appreciate the great advice.

Poppy

Hopefully you are in a warm weather climate currently. If not I would wait until the weather becomes dry and warm.

I would remove the old sealant completely. WD40 helps and then use soap/water to remove the WD40 and then rubbing alcohol for a nice dry application. I would use putty tape which is available at most RV places. I would apply the putty tape onto the window frame and press into place onto the RV. I would then install the inner window frame and slowly tighten each section A LITTLE AT A TIME. I use a hair dryer to heat up the window frame which causes the putty to expand nicely and then tighten again. I would leave it in the sun for a couple of days because the putty will ooze out which is a good thing. Then use a a plastic knife to clean up the excess putty. That is how I do it. Others do it differently. Its not a big deal but patience is important.

David