manuals and brochures

immortalvegan

• 1 year later...

I am looking for a 1979 Sunrader manual. My back turn lights and back up lights don't work, however my brake lights do work--I relplaced all light bulbs and fuses.

thanks for any help

I doubt you'll find shop manual for a Sunrader and I'm not sure it existed. The tail lights are pretty simple. First you need to determine if you are getting power to the turn signals and back up lights. If you are, the problem is in the tail light assemblies. Clean out any rust/corrosion and make sure the wires are clean, in good shape and clearly attached. Look closely for any loose, broken or corroded ground wires any where along the coach. Not sure if your 79 has the same taillights as my 83 but if so be very careful as replacement housings are no longer available. Mine cleaned up nicely with some sand paper. I washed the outer lenses in warm soapy water and used a toothbrush to clean them up. Keep in mind you may have to access the inner side of the tail lights. To do this requires some disassembly of the inside but it was pretty simple on mine.

If you don't have power to the lights you need to trace wires forward looking for damage and loose connections. Repair what you found. If the front signals work it's 99% likely you have a relatively simple wiring issue. On the back up lights, there is probably a switch on the side of your transmission that triggers the lights. The switches can go bad (easily tested at the switch), the linkages can come undone or wires can come loose.