Antenna Prewiring Location 1987 Sea Breeze

jamesdalbright

Usually it's in the same plate with a cigar lighter socket, a small threaded post (type "F" tv connector). The lighter socked supplies 12 volt and the antenna connection is next to it.

I am aware of that location already. I want to install a roof top antenna and I need to know where the other end of the the wire is located in the ceiling. If anyone has an antenna installed on a 1987 Sea Breeze and it is installed at the pre-wired roof location this would help me find where it is located on my RV. Thank you.

Usually it's in the same plate with a cigar lighter socket, a small threaded post (type "F" tv connector). The lighter socked supplies 12 volt and the antenna connection is next to it.

OK another dumb question. Did you take the plate off and see if there is a wire? My Nova Star uses the luggage rail on the roof as a TV antenna so I'm wondering if yours does the same. Perhaps they ran the wire inside of the rail from inside. I don't think it is a very good antenna but probably better then rabbit ears.

Thanks for the information. I'll check it out, especially since there is a wire that appears to be attached to the luggage railing, which I though at first glance was a ground wire.

OK another dumb question. Did you take the plate off and see if there is a wire? My Nova Star uses the luggage rail on the roof as a TV antenna so I'm wondering if yours does the same. Perhaps they ran the wire inside of the rail from inside. I don't think it is a very good antenna but probably better then rabbit ears.

Though I might add the design of the rail antenna has an impedance of 300 ohms so you will need a 300 to 75 match (radio shack etc.) One lead to the short side of the rail and the other to the long side. (there is a plastic piece in between the two) I'm not a TV watcher so I have never used mine let me know how it works if you hook it up.

You were correct, the antenna connection inside is wired to the luggage rail and works as well as rabbit ears. Thanks for your help.

Though I might add the design of the rail antenna has an impedance of 300 ohms so you will need a 300 to 75 match (radio shack etc.) One lead to the short side of the rail and the other to the long side. (there is a plastic piece in between the two) I'm not a TV watcher so I have never used mine let me know how it works if you hook it up.