Needing insurance advise

kirawhacked420

Greetings all.

Proud first time Toyota Dolphin owner, 1984 Perris Dolphin, Thank you very much.

Now, I plan to live full time on this MH. I suspect this might mean a higher rate. I spoke with the insurance company that I insured my van with. I wanted to naively just transfer the insurance from the Van to the RV. Evidently, this was not easy. I was told that a lot of companies think that full time live ins are a higher risks and that they are less likely to take them on. Now, the agent I spoke with said that there is the option of just stating that I have a primary vehicle, even though I don't, and that the rv is just for temp use. How should I approach this so I get a decent rate and which companies offer the best rates? Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanx.

Greetings all.

Proud first time Toyota Dolphin owner, 1984 Perris Dolphin, Thank you very much.

Now, I plan to live full time on this MH. I suspect this might mean a higher rate. I spoke with the insurance company that I insured my van with. I wanted to naively just transfer the insurance from the Van to the RV. Evidently, this was not easy. I was told that a lot of companies think that full time live ins are a higher risks and that they are less likely to take them on. Now, the agent I spoke with said that there is the option of just stating that I have a primary vehicle, even though I don't, and that the rv is just for temp use. How should I approach this so I get a decent rate and which companies offer the best rates? Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanx.

we have AAA and are quite pleased with them good luck to you

Mr. Chris

I just signed up with GMAC for my 89 Itasca, $75 for 6 months minimum liabilty. I saw that they did have coverage for full timers. You can get an online quote through Good Sam Club or Camping World RV, then you can call and talk to someone and get exactly what you want.

I just signed up with GMAC for my 89 Itasca, $75 for 6 months minimum liabilty. I saw that they did have coverage for full timers. You can get an online quote through Good Sam Club or Camping World RV, then you can call and talk to someone and get exactly what you want.

We went the same direction (GMAC and Good Sam) a couple of years ago. Switched from AAA which we had for a hundred years. Saved a ton of money too on all or machines!

Hello,

I switched all my vehicles to AAA for a better rate over Progressive, except for the RV. My Toyota Motorhome

by itself was cheaper with Progressive that under a AAA group rate.

I pay $150 a year for a $300,000 liability policy, but it is setup for 30 days or less use per year (typical RV setup).

If you go with a Typical RV setup (30 days a year) and are living in it full time, you run the risk of a claim being

rejected. I would shop around for a rate for a full time vehicle.

Dennis...

Hello,

I switched all my vehicles to AAA for a better rate over Progressive, except for the RV. My Toyota Motorhome

by itself was cheaper with Progressive that under a AAA group rate.

I pay $150 a year for a $300,000 liability policy, but it is setup for 30 days or less use per year (typical RV setup).

If you go with a Typical RV setup (30 days a year) and are living in it full time, you run the risk of a claim being

rejected. I would shop around for a rate for a full time vehicle.

Dennis...

Thank you for that response. I looked in to AIG. They have a policy for around $240 a year. Progressive sounds like it's worth checking out. Thanx again. K420

thanks Bear, I'll check them out.

hey kirawhacky420

I would love to be a gypsy leaf on the winds of a toyo motorhome... so more power to you and your decision to live in it...

i am just DYING to know...

what kind of places you are planning to tour..???

you dont need to be specific... but what states? and also what kind of events do you enjoy crashing with the toy camper?

the last time i took "flipper" (my former toyota dolphin) to a festival it was a huge hit with the kids... i had about 7 people crammed into it at any given rainy moment.

Im picking up my "new" 84 dolphin in two days...

I cant wait...

I just insured with geico...

48 dollars for 6 months.

must say you will be driving for 30 days or less a year, also i told them i only planned on driving it 5k miles a year....

and also say that you wont be driving it to work...

not a bad deal at all... it is bare bones liability however.

Do you have other policy with them, or new policy. Might switch if new.

Do you have other policy with them, or new policy. Might switch if new.

well thats a good question... i had my former insurance with them on a jeep cj7 and it cancelled because i didnt pay the month i sold the jeep... but the very next month i called them for a quote and thats what they quoted me... so i paid them up for 6 months and didnt ask too many questions...

lol

i had no current policies with them and this policy is my only vehicle.

good luck!