Blown Fuzes on a Dolphin

GypsyWindTraveler

Does anyone know how to figure out why a Fuze keeps blowing?

I really dont know what the fuzes do, or how they work, or anything..

but 2 of our fuzes keep blowing which means we have no lights in the RV

as me and my partner Live and work out of our RV full time, this is very bad, even for a night.

I have put about 10 new fuzes back in place and all of them have blown.

there are no lights on, and I really am at a loss as to why they are blowing,

any help would be greatly greatly apreciated!

Thank you

Does anyone know how to figure out why a Fuze keeps blowing?

I really dont know what the fuzes do, or how they work, or anything..

but 2 of our fuzes keep blowing which means we have no lights in the RV

as me and my partner Live and work out of our RV full time, this is very bad, even for a night.

I have put about 10 new fuzes back in place and all of them have blown.

there are no lights on, and I really am at a loss as to why they are blowing,

any help would be greatly greatly apreciated!

Thank you

Backtrack - try to remember what's the last thing you did electrically before that happened, if you just added or replaced an equipment or appliance, a device, an accessory. Even 1 coach light that have been damaged can cause a short.

Have the condition of your battery/ies checked, your local auto parts store should be able to that for minimal or no fee.

Also do the process of elimination, turn "off" everything, then start turning on one device at a time til that fuse blows...and make sure you use the correct fuse and bulb rating, check your manual.

A wiring diagram can come in very handy.

My friend, take a look underneath your motorhome... I did the other day and I found that whomever had it before me spliced in a far too small gauge wore for the battery, and not only that, on top of being a poor splice, the insulation was frayed down to the wire for about 2 and 1/2". this would cause the fuses to blow as soon as it hit the chassis ground, every time.

Trace your wiring from the fuse box. If it goes inside the wall, look everywhere where it could possibly exit.

Backtrack - try to remember what's the last thing you did electrically before that happened, if you just added or replaced an equipment or appliance, a device, an accessory. Even 1 coach light that have been damaged can cause a short.

Have the condition of your battery/ies checked, your local auto parts store should be able to that for minimal or no fee.

Also do the process of elimination, turn "off" everything, then start turning on one device at a time til that fuse blows...and make sure you use the correct fuse and bulb rating, check your manual.

A wiring diagram can come in very handy.

I took out one of the small lights in the rear of the Cab, and put it in over the bed, replacing the origonal light there.

I made sure there are no exposed wires anywhere tho.

oi... this is all so confuseing,

I wish I knew the basics for electronics.

Maybe I did something wrong with the solar panals as well?

altho im still getting a charge on the battery.

The RV starts up fine and we can charge our laptops and phone.

We just cant turn on the lights anymore.

I took out one of the small lights in the rear of the Cab, and put it in over the bed, replacing the origonal light there.

I made sure there are no exposed wires anywhere tho.

oi... this is all so confuseing,

I wish I knew the basics for electronics.

Maybe I did something wrong with the solar panals as well?

altho im still getting a charge on the battery.

The RV starts up fine and we can charge our laptops and phone.

We just cant turn on the lights anymore.

Sounds to me Gypsy that maybe finding someone around your place who has a handle on basic vehicle wiring is the way to go. An auto tech student would probably of some help. Here's an idea, check out your local high school and ask the Auto Tech instructor if he could have his class check the Toys' wiring out.The students get hands on experience, and you get it checked out for probably little to no cost.

Hope this helps

John Boeve