Help with info on 74 Toyota Chinook

gwood1945

I bought a 74 Toyota Chinook for a pittance. Can anyone recommend a spot where I can get a "floor plan?" The Chinook part is all fiberglass with a top that pops up about 18 inches and as a rear door. There is a gas range and sink but no toilet or frige. I have stripped the old carpet and some water damaged paneling and ripped out some upholstery up by the two sky lights, However I do not have a diagram on how the bed(s) layout. It runs well and so far the only problem seems to be in the fuse or wiring to the headlights and some body work on the bumper, grill and cab. If anyone has info on the layout or on how to best repanel, I surely would appreciate it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a 74 Toyota Chinook for a pittance. Can anyone recommend a spot where I can get a "floor plan?" The Chinook part is all fiberglass with a top that pops up about 18 inches and as a rear door. There is a gas range and sink but no toilet or frige. I have stripped the old carpet and some water damaged paneling and ripped out some upholstery up by the two sky lights, However I do not have a diagram on how the bed(s) layout. It runs well and so far the only problem seems to be in the fuse or wiring to the headlights and some body work on the bumper, grill and cab. If anyone has info on the layout or on how to best repanel, I surely would appreciate it. Thanks.

i dont know a lot but i do know that they had about 3 or 4 different layouts. Mine has a single couch to the pasenger side that folds out to become a bed. There was also an L shape design and a double couch design where there was a couch on each side. Mine also has a bed that stores up in the roof and a bar swings out from the side and it lays on the top of the closets and the bar. So i guess it depends on what layout you have. I dont know a lot about the other layout only mine.

My 77' Chinook has the same layout as fisherman120. My dad removed the couch and made a platform for a twin bed, it works great for a single person, (a bit tight for two people.) I reworked the storage area over the cab to sleep an additional person, it works fine. I think you can do most anything you want with these little campers and not get into much trouble. Good luck with your Chinook.

My 77' Chinook has the same layout as fisherman120. My dad removed the couch and made a platform for a twin bed, it works great for a single person, (a bit tight for two people.) I reworked the storage area over the cab to sleep an additional person, it works fine. I think you can do most anything you want with these little campers and not get into much trouble. Good luck with your Chinook.

hey nhcamper you think you could get a pic of that area above the cab that you redid i would be very interested in seeing how you pulled that off.

Hey thanks a bunch. I am learning as I go and so far all the comments have been a huge help. If I get it in livable condition I will post some pictures. Have a great week.