Filling propane tank?

bear

Hey Bear, welcome aboard.

You take your tanks to a fill station. Most places certify people for filling tanks, unless you know what you are doing it can get very exciting. Propane is available in almost every town in North America. Be careful with the stuff, it is pretty safe but can go bang under the right circumstances.

The only problem you may run into is an out of date tank, with the old style handle on it. Most places won't fill it. If you encounter this problem call around to different places until you find one that knows what you have and is willing to recertify the tank. It costs around five to ten bucks to get this done plus the cost of the gas.

Thanks for replies, I was wondering about the new valve issue. Rats. Guess that also goes for these built in tanks also? I have not got the 89 Itasca Spirit yet, trying to learn as much as possible before I do, so will probably be asking a lot of questions before and after I do.