Hello All,

My Name is Wiley, I live on Northern CA and am new to the group, and to Toyotas. I have recently purchased a 84/85 Mrv Savannah by Coachman. I am in the process of checking/learning all I can prior to a planned desert trip this winter. It is a 4 cyl with a 6 lug rear axel and in overall good shape :-)).

I was reading one of the posts here re some early axels having "left hand" lug nuts. So I went out to check mine and found what appears to be a chrome "cap" on the nut/stud. That is you can not see any thread or the end of the stud. I tried to remove the cap with water pump pliers but it will not budge. It is either on there very tight or a part of the nut. Anyone out there have any suggestions or have seen this type of nut or ??

Thanks,

Wiley

I am going to go out on a limb here and say they are most likely right hand nuts because they are chrome plated. Try one on the right and see how hard it comes off then try the same on the left if it does not move go the other way.