twokelleys

Just bought an '85 Rader 21 footer, from my neighbor. Has been stored, but run occasionally, for 6 years. 58000 miles, all original interior and exterior,..looks unused. Truck air, 4 banger, manual tranny, no roof air or generator, reefer replaced with an all 110 unit. Paid $2250. Had to replace axle and wheels, along with some brake work,..for about $2400. Everything works,..water heater, water pump, antenna, furnace, range, oven, etc.. Has ladder, roof rack and a fiberglass roof storage bin.... okay? Now here is my question.......Have I put too much money into this thing,..or have I found a good deal?

Thanks for your comments. I was Winnebago's Design Manager back in the 70's... and it feels cool to be back into the RV world !

Just bought an '85 Rader 21 footer, from my neighbor. Has been stored, but run occasionally, for 6 years. 58000 miles, all original interior and exterior,..looks unused. Truck air, 4 banger, manual tranny, no roof air or generator, reefer replaced with an all 110 unit. Paid $2250. Had to replace axle and wheels, along with some brake work,..for about $2400. Everything works,..water heater, water pump, antenna, furnace, range, oven, etc.. Has ladder, roof rack and a fiberglass roof storage bin.... okay? Now here is my question.......Have I put too much money into this thing,..or have I found a good deal?

Thanks for your comments. I was Winnebago's Design Manager back in the 70's... and it feels cool to be back into the RV world !

Welcome TwoKelleys,

I would say you probably got a pretty good deal. Sounds like a great little house on wheels! You bought it from someone close by that you can ask questions if needed. Has good interior/exterior that looks unused and relatively low miles. Everything works, that's a big plus. Check for leak damage; since you didn't mention this, perhaps it doesn't have any. Okay, so you had to replace the axle, wheels, do some brake work....well, this will be the biggest load off your mind concerning safety. You won't have the wheels flying off as you are going down the highway as has happened to others with the bad axle. Even if you have to have it tuned up, it won't be a bank breaker. So, I'd say you should enjoy your new Toyhouse and have fun with it. The worst thing for these Toys is to just sit and never be used. Start it up and hit the road!

Welcome back into the RV world! A very cool place to be! B)

Dianne & Charles

'84 Dolphin

Looks like a good deal to me low miles nice coach I paid 3800 for one with a fair coach and need of some work have 5000 in it now it has 100,000 miles on it . you are doing great have fun . :ThumbUp:

I'd say it's just about right.......Have you seen what they are going for? Toys are back in style and now you have one that you can trust and at a fair price. Plus, just think of the money you're going to save in gas. As they say here in the south " ya done good "

Happy camping!

Cathy