Winterize a 1986 Sunrader

Shehona

Hey, Anyone out there with an 86 Sunrader. I want to drain the water and only find 2 places: a small spikett near the water tank and the hot water heater drain. Are there any others?

Thanks for Hlep. Also any of you who winterize your own Sunrader, I would appreciate the steps you take.

Thanks, Margo

I wish I had all the answers for you but I don't. Some how I think you would need to get all the water out of all the lines because if they freeze you can break fittings and lines. Not sure how you would do that though. I would also pour some anti freeze in the sink and shower drains because there is water in the p-traps (the drain).

Greg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Phil Miller

If you have the PolyButylene Plumbing pipe, there is two drains under the shower pan. on the underside of the floor. They drain the shower and wash basin water supply lines. Pressurize the water supply through the water fill hose connection and open lowest drain point. In your case the Under Floor drain under the shower. This will blow out water lines from the fill tank nozzle to the drain. Be careful not to get too crazy with the air pressure........20 to 30 lbs. is plenty