I have seen one on a 1991 itasca spirit by my friend Tim and he was very satisfied. I know he will be in quartzsite Arizona with me on January 22 for a Toyota rally. I will take some pics and post them.

I shared a link to your post to him and he emailed this back to me:

My friend fabricated the right exhaust to where a muffler shop took over. Can’t respond to what you sent me. Website had problems. Real trick was routing right side down with clearance.

Thank you for the reply. I've searched everywhere to buy a pre-made section but no luck. Looks like it has to be fabricated diy or muffler shop. Since it's such a common issue you'd think someone would mass produce it. I've read to cut out the crossover pipe in middle and reuse right section (passenger) by turning it 90⁰ to start the drop down for under the trans and the rest will be custom to a "y" on left exhaust before o2 sensor. All forums I've read are talking about a 4x4 and not 2wd. My biggest question is how hard or accessible is it to cut crossover pipe out without taking alot of parts off top of engine. This is a motorhome I'm considering buying long distance so I don't have it available to look at myself. Hoped someone out there has performed this modification and could share their experience.  It sounds like the best solution for this motor to prevent future damage. 

• 6 months later...
On 1/1/2022 at 8:44 PM, Daddyo said:

Has anyone deleted the crossover pipe on the 3.0 V6 to reroute under the motor/trans? Instead of costly headers and labor. This is to eliminate the excessive heat at #6 cylinder to avoid head gasket failure and/or burnt valves. 

I just recently did that during a valve job on a 90k engine.

I had the rig torn apart and did the modification in the process of reassembly as the factory crossover is trapped behind the engine after everything is put back together.

This required a mock-up, which had the intake manifold, both heads, and exhaust manifolds attached, along with a new, replacement original downtube.

A pvc plastic assembly was made to fit the motor home, and was applied to the mock-up.

After everything was made and repeated between both the motor home and mock-up, I took a trip to a local exhaust shop. I looked around to find a good one that was more of a one man show, some wanted two weeks lead time just to make an appointment to discuss my custom project. This guy has been doing this all his life.

Apologies for the upside down pictures, I haven’t taken the time to edit them on my phone.73FDBC05-6794-46A0-B635-0270CAEF2D58.jpeg.63851b91a1cb39d639eaeb8640a835e7.jpeg

The new exhaust bolted right in to the motor home, which allowed me to keep it at my house instead of towing it to an exhaust shop, or taking the engine apart at the exhaust shop.

9674E471-EB62-49D8-8E7A-2CEC641F4920.jpeg

Edited by Ssunrader