Slow Shower Drain

weluvtoys

Ok..so my "awesome like new 86 Sunrader" is not quite as like new as I thought....go figure....

On a recent weekend trip I used the shower for the first time. It took a very long time for the floor to drain. I checked underneath (outside) and it seemed like a slow drip to the ground ?....

I tried mildly plunging with a plunger with no luck.

Tha bathroom is located about midway on the drivers side of the coach (across from the kitchen). Is this a common problem? I have not yet looked closley at possible causes or fixes (working full time)... Any ideas or thoughts on where to look and what to look for? I am thinking it might be a major issue as my bathroom (Sunrader) seems to be a one peice fiberglass insert.

I did buy it from a local dealer who assured me all was working as it should per his pre sale inspection. I do have a good working relationship with him as I have bought my last motorhome form him (18ft. LazyDaze)... If this turns into a major issue I will take it back for a professional fix. I am sure he will help at a discounted cost per his initial statements as to the condition.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts....

Check the black water tank (right behind the driver's door). It may be full. This is a very small tank (as small as 8 gallons depending on which year/model you have) and it will fill quickly if you are using the shower.

If the holding tank is empty and it still drains slowly I would talk to the dealer since it sounds like they provided you with some form of warranty and it has not been too long since your purchase.

On a recent weekend trip I used the shower for the first time. It took a very long time for the floor to drain. I checked underneath (outside) and it seemed like a slow drip to the ground ?....

I tried mildly plunging with a plunger with no luck.

There shouldn't be any drips to the ground, this mainly only happens when your tank is full. The 21 foot Sunrader should have a gray and a black tank and they do tend to fill up fast. Check your Systems Monitor, it should have a button for each gray and black tank. If they indicate Full you need to get them emptied especially the black tank or a mess can occur as it backs up towards the commode.

My Sunrader has a gray tank for the water from the shower, bathroom sink and kitchen sinks. The black tank is for the commode. It may be possible to only have one tank but 21 ft Sunraders were always advertised with 2 tanks.

If it's not a full tank problem your dealer should fix it for free since he stated that everything worked.

Good Luck,

Allen

Sunraders have a p-trap just like your sink. Most likely its full of junk and is restricting the flow. On the 18 footers it drains into the black water tank. From under the rv the p-trap can be taken apart. The 18 footer only has a 8 gallon black tank, I separated ours from the black tank and have it set up so it will attach to a hose for draining or into a 5 gal bucket. No more worry about filling the black tank when on extended boony trips

Thanks to all who replied....everyone was right....the black water tank was on the full side....drained it...a little better but still a slow drain....crawled underneath...found the p-trap...took it apart, cleaned it...now drains like new....Again...thanks to all....