Does anyone run an electric fan on thier 20R. I just replaced the headgasket on mine and it runs fine but I still think it runs hotter than it should the only part I haven't replaced is the clutch fan. It seems to run fine at 55mph, if I run at 65mph it starts to climb. If I install the electric fan this should help solve the problem I hope. My reasoning for this is the clutch fan replacement is expensive and for less money I can put a flex fan or electric fan on it. Any feeling about this setup?

Howdy.

What temperature is the engine running exactly? If your guage is the old Cold-Hot one, I'd replace it with one that shows it in degrees. Have you checked the radiator and thermostat ?

Shoprat’s right the gauge is vague at best check it with a real one first. I would stick with the stock thermostatic fan it moves a lot of air. Most of the flex fans make a lot of noise and the electric ones may not fit.

• 1 year later...