Comissioned to modify a Sunrader

So, I have a client who has an mid to early 80s Sunrader. He wants to convert it for 4WD and overhaul the interior. He has discussed trying to add a slide. I don't know about the feasibility of that, has anyone heard of anyone adding a slide to one of these tiny things. I'm trying to track down blueprints so I can get an idea of the structure as I start to plan, but I have a feeling that might be a lost cause. I won't get to see the vehicle until the fall so I'm doing research now because it's going to be a long and bizarre project. I think he wants to put the flybridge from a small motoryatch on the top of it.

I'll do some more reading about the 4wd swap on the forums here but if anyone knows of relevant links that will help me I thank you in advance.

Also, hello to all. I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of time here over the next few months.

Thanks ya'll

The Four Seasons RV company made a slide out model Toyota called the Pioneer. Sunrader never offered a slide out as an option.

4x4 add ons are relatively straight forward. It might be worth wile to try to find a same model year wrecked 4x4 and just start cutting and welding.

A friend of mine in college made his new (at that time) 1975 Mazda rotary motor pickup into a 4x4 using a mail order kit. It is probably the only one in existence (if it is still alive after all these years)

Slideout sounds like a lot of work and weight. Be cool to pull of though...

I'm restoring a 18' Sunrader, the link has a bunch of picture of what I've done, should be a help.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Yostfmx/

When you rip off the paneling all there is is the bare fiberglass shell, no framing on walls. The floor is probably sagging/soft, but you can't really get it up cause its glassed down on, so I just put down 5/8 plywood with shims, could get a way with 1/2 if its not too bad. Mine was thrashed.

flying bridge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flybridge

Motor yacht (self explanatory)