So there I was at 20,000 feet-------------

sgtmike

Hi Everybody!

Just spent a few days at a mini rally with a bunch of old military retirees at this BIG RV resort in north central Alabama and gotta tell all of you a little about it! I pulled into this place a day early for the meet and got myself set up. Had all the goodies--power, water, sewer, cable, WIFI etc. Great place overall with great amenities plus right on a georgous lake. Anyhow, while I'm getting set up, I notice that this place has TT's, Fivers, MH's all over the place, but not one, repeat not one Class C in the joint. While I'm getting set up, right next to pulls in this beautiful, big $250 grand Tiffin (four slides of course). These were the hosts of the rally and soon others pull in also. Also sporting these big MH's--all completely surrounding me on all sides. At first, I felt like a guy that wore a plaid shirt and brown pants to a wedding. Sorta like the country boy who gets his first look at NYC from the street level. You know what?????? Great bunch of people!!!! No bias, no one sticking their nose up at my little rollin hootch. Just friendly as heck....of course all the wives had to look inside my toy and almost to a tee I got the "Isn't this just cute as all get out?" "I just love this cute little thing!" These people for the most part are full timers, but I found out that the RV'ing spirit doesn't matter when it comes to what you pull, push or drive. Just the comarade of the RV'ing. I heard them complain about how their satellite dishes were having problems locking on and one guy complained that it cost him $400 to fill up his diesel pusher for this trip. I do know how smug I must have looked when I told them---"well, I have a 13 gallon tank and it took me less that 3/4 of a tank to get here and that's doing 55 MPH (avg) and going through some really hilly country!"

I think I'm looking forward to the next get-together!

Just thought I'd pass this little tidbit on.

SgtMike

Hi SgtMike,

Your post made me smile just picturing you smack dab in the middle of the BIG rigs! So glad to know there was no one acting snobby. There is room for all sizes and kinds of motorhomes, etc., and our little Toys don't have to take a back seat to all the others. I was reading about a campground in the Austin, Texas area the other day and the owners stated they had a "10 year policy." If you had a motorhome older than 10 years, they required a photo of it emailed to them if you planned on staying at their campground and they would let you know if you "qualified" to stay there. (Charles said we would never stay at that place even if they told us our MH was A-OK.) I don't know about the rest of you, but we haven't seen alot of really older motorhomes on the highways when we've traveled. Mostly the really old ones are parked in fields or left out to rot by someone's house or have "For Sale" signs on them that have been there for a long time. Everyone that has looked inside our Little Puppy really likes it and has nothing but nice things to say about it. It's great to hear that yours is attracting such nice attention! Bet you were smiling ear-to-ear! These things are just fine and we wouldn't trade ours for a newer or bigger one; we're happy with the small size that suits us perfectly. Oh, and the gas mileage doesn't hurt that much either! Just a little "ouch!" in the wallet. Let us know how your visit progresses and have fun!

Dianne