I was told by someone on here that knows what hes talking about that it would be safer to take off the two outside wheels on my 5 lug to make it a single if I can keep the rear axle weight under 3800 lbs. Just wanted to know what other people had to say about this.

I have the the wheels off now, looks funny, and not too safe... ? Don't know the weight yet but theres nothing inside so I know I'm under now, I think?

Also what tire pressure should I run?

Rear tires are:

cooper SRM II

195R14c

Max. Load Single 950 kg (2095 lbs) at 450 kga (65 P.S.I) cold

Max. Load dual 900 kg (1985 lbs) at 450 kga (65 P.S.I) cold

Front tires are:

Yokohama

P205/75R14

Max. Load 695 kg (1532 lbs) at 240 kga (35 P.S.I) cold

So is 35 psi really the max, of should, could I run more in the fronts?

Oh and I'm going to be living in it on the street, how its the side load on the rear tire? is that ok?

I'm not sure what to do, and yes I know the "right" thing is to get a 6 lug, but thats not going to happen.

(I'll post pics)

You "may" be able to get some super wide rear rims and put some wide single tires on the back and run the stock fronts. This was done on some very early (mid 70's) Toyota motor homes.

Make sure you choose tires and rims that are HD truck rated (like load range D tires).

Never over inflate beyond the max recommended pressure that is on the tire. Your front tires are passenger car tires not truck tires.

None of this is a recommendation, only speculation and idle talk.

Yea, I've seen those 12' wide wheels, I looked at a motorhome that had some. But isn't that the same as the bolt on dually? Its like making one wide wheel that puts to much load on the berings, maybe I'm wrong but isn't that the same with a wide wheels? plus those are looking like a lot of $.

Yea, I've seen those 12' wide wheels, I looked at a motorhome that had some. But isn't that the same as the bolt on dually? Its like making one wide wheel that puts to much load on the berings, maybe I'm wrong but isn't that the same with a wide wheels? plus those are looking like a lot of $.

No. A rim made for a Toyota truck will have the tire centered over the bearing and brake drum. The bold ons place one rim outside of the bearing and brake drum.

I don't think you need to go to a 12" wide rim but something wider than the stock 6" will allow you to use wider tires which should hold the weigh better.

Like I said this is NOT a recommendation. You already know that you should replace the axle. Spending additional money on something that may not work is not a good move.

You should be looking for a 1 ton axle. I have seen them go unwanted for $200. The problem is that all the cheap ones seem to be located in "Beau funk Egypt" or on "the other side of the moon".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=190226112075

Where would I look for those wheels? What would they be called?

I've been looking for a 6 lug in So Cal, no luck... Not going to pay over $300

Heres the pictures of it with single wheels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Yostfmx/DCP_2879.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Yostfmx/DCP_2881.jpg