i have a 1984 huntsman, 21 foot. does anyone know the following?? I have no manuals..

1. i have the stock ac unit. will a 3500 watt generator run an ac unit that size? not sure of btu or wattage.

2. weight limit loaded down? anyone know what i am supposed to be under so i can do a trial run by a truck scale?

3. tires.. replacing all 6. any ideas or preferences on affordable but strong motorhome tires... we are going deep into mexico.

4. i am looking for a 12 foot or so awning (anyone know the exact size that would fit a 21 ft. huntsman?) any idea where to find one ??

5. Any place on mainland mexico coast that (mazatlan south) that you would consider an UNMISSABLE place to visit?

Thanks for any and all advice in advance. I really appreciate any help that you offer. Have a great one. Cheers!

CRC

CRC,

I'll put my 2 cents in on some of your questions:

1) Your stock AC is anywhere from 7K BTU to 13.5K BTU. A 3500 watt generator will power any one of them.

2) Weight is a touchy subject. Your Toyota was almost at the max weight limit the day it rolled off the assembly line. With all of the interior modifications made to my Sunrader it weighs in at almost 6000 lbs with full gas and fresh water tanks. The gross weight sticker said something about 1000 lbs lower than that weight, but that was before the 1 ton axle was added. If you have the upgraded axle and the weight comes in between 5000 and 6000 lbs, you should be OK, but that is only my opinion.

3) I prefer the Yokohoma tires. The MH manufacturer recommends LT185x14. I run the LT195x14 with no tire rub at 60psi. Yokohoma has a 65psi max limit. Make sure that you buy LT tires, Load Range D. Also make sure you have a good spare for the front wheels, especially in Mexico.

4} Since I don't have an awning I can't help you with that. Try ebay, Craigs List, and online RV stores.

5) I have 2 great desires for my life, one is to be rich and the other is a desire to never visit Mexico, sorry but I can't help you with that either.

Good Luck,

Allen