OhiO oHIo Owe I Owe!

I live north of cincinatti...

anyone have any good suggestions (or even awful ones) about where i could travel and camp for a few days near or in ohio?

I am not opposed to going as far as indiana, KY, or maybe even Militia-gan or west virginiee...

anyone have any experiences that were positive with taking the toy around midwest campgrounds....

???

please share!

I am looing for destinations...

:detective2: (<This is Detective Joe Farmboy from the Pesticide Division Apparently investigating some good local camping spots with a special knack for stating the obvious!)

Highly recommend Muskalonge Lake state park in the Michigan UP on the south shore of Lake Superior. If that is too far, Muskegon state park is great too. Just stay away if they are having one of those offshore races (unlike you are into a lot of noise). The campground is right next to the channel that accesses Lake Michigan. Under normal circumstances it is fine (have been there twice). Excellent kayaking and boating opportunities or just walking on the beach with very few people around.

We stayed in a fantastic national forest campground in SE Ohio on our last trip to Michigan. I will dig around in some old maps and see if I can find which one but this URL will describe the national forest campgrounds in Ohio

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/eastern/wayn.htm

There is a nice state park in Holland Michigan, less than half way up the state.

It has access to Lake Michigan and an inland lake, and has bike trails.

Dennis...