Mysterious water pipe

3inan84

Hi there,

I have a strange water leak. It's coming from a small pipe that's connected via a tee connection to the line coming from the water pump to the faucet and goes out through the floor of the RV in the back. It's been there since day 1 but suddenly started to leak yesterday. Another mysterious thing is that it continues leaking when the pump is off. Pics attached, any insight on what this is or how to stop it will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_20190312_074218596.jpg

IMG_20190312_074147823_HDR.jpg

Low point drain, try opening and closing the valve a few times maybe nothing more than something stuck in the valve.

12 hours ago, moalaska said:

Pretty sure that is a drain to drain the water out of the system so you can winterize it.  The shut off valve is probably leaking.

Thanks. I tried to ziptie it and switched the pump on... Hahaha... It just blew a fountain into the camper... So I figured it was a necessary valve ...

10 hours ago, Maineah said:

Low point drain, try opening and closing the valve a few times maybe nothing more than something stuck in the valve.

If it's just a drain, why when I closed it with a ziptie, did it blow the funny looking cork out and water came in gushing into the camper? Is it not some kind of air outlet? 

If that is the case it's connected to the wrong side of the pump.  The way the valve is designed pressure will force it open.