1986 Coachmen wiring to coach battery

Purchased this coachmen 2 summers ago. I've not had any problems with it until the coach battery went under the weather. The wiring in the coach battery compartment has 2 red wires of the same gauge. My dilemma is I'm not sure which wire is the ground and which is the hot wire since both are routed back inside the coach wall. Would the hot wire have power to it when the engine is running?

Thanks

Purchased this coachmen 2 summers ago. I've not had any problems with it until the coach battery went under the weather. The wiring in the coach battery compartment has 2 red wires of the same gauge. My dilemma is I'm not sure which wire is the ground and which is the hot wire since both are routed back inside the coach wall. Would the hot wire have power to it when the engine is running?

Thanks

Don't know myself, go ahead and try it with either the engine running or hooked to shore power. Seems like it should if the isolator sees the open circuit as a discharged battery. Once you establish which is which I would wrap the neg in black electrical tape which you probably already have ready to do. Both of my batteries are located under the hood so I know which is neg..

Allen

On my 89 Dolphin, the wires were both black. I hooked it to shore power and used a meter to tell which one is + and which is -

Then I replaced the + with a red wire.

BTW, I am in Raleigh, let me know if you ever head this way.

Thanks

Got the wires figured out. Now I just need to get the battery charged and I'm all set. My volt meter shows 10v on the battery but the batt gauge inside the coach shows very much in the red. I'm just hoping the battery isn't shot.