Questions about a SeaBreeze

hattie

I have found a Sea Breeze that may have possibilitys. 1988 with usual stuff and Microwave, Roof AC, and Genny. Inside is clean and is the rear bath model, with a Dinette on Pass side and a couch/bed on drivers side.. Entry door up front, and Ref and other cabnets mounted low, so interior looks uncrowded.Bed looks small for the 2 of us, and, when out, blocks thr bathroom. 60K miles, or so they say. Evidence of a small leak in roof over drivers side. 22RE engine with F.I. and auto tranny with OD.

Problem is the whole outside needs paint. Trim areas (vynil?) badly cracked. Can this be replaced, or is it easier to paint? But the biggest thing is the fiber glass skin that looks like it has been covered (splattered)with short FG fibers.. Is this a "Chopper Gun" method of construction? Not smooth at all. looks real bad.

Can the RV be painted so it looks OK, and what can we expect to pay?

Any Comments

Jack Smith

Lake Forest,

SoCal..

Jack,

Since I've never seen a Seabreeze up close, it hard for me to make a real statement, but I'll try :D Anyway, to me, in your statement that it's covered with tiny strands of FG makes me envision a hairy looking motorhome. I'm assuming they're all lying flat against the panels. With the vinyl (stripes?) cracked, it appears that it has been sitting in the hot sun most of it's life, which will dry out the vinyl and fiberglass. There are ways to renew the fiberglass, most of it expensive.

But it can also be painted and new stripes applied. Someone with more knowledge of painting a motorhome will have to give you an estimate, but it will be in the thousands depending where and by whom you choose to paint it.

I'm sure someone on this forum can and will give you that information. Come on guys, it sounds like a Seabreeze needs some help.

Good Luck,

Allen

Hello, I believe that my Odyssey has the same type of fiberglass siding as your Seabreeze,

my fiberglass siding is what I called rippled or wavey, and one can see what looks like

fibers in the fiberglass. My fiberglass siding looks bare, that is not paint on it, except for

the bottom foot below a trim line, which is painted white. I am guessing that this is the

way it came originally.

My fiberglass siding does look a lot better when cleaned.

Dennis...