Reverse Polarity Damage Troubleshooting, missing key

Roadtripp

I have a 1985 Easy Ryder motorhome with some mystery loose wires and missing relays. I need to identify the relays, find new or used replacements,and what damage might have occurred. Also the ignition key is lost. The steering column does not seem to lock. Any guidance is much appreciated  

The relay block just to the rear of the battery is missing two items, relays I assume, in the front drivers side location of the relay block. There are 4 fairly big loose wires, perhaps 8 Guage, with ring terminals next to where one item was located. I'm assuming these were attached to studs or a stud. Does anyone know or have an educated guess what these wires go to?  

Next, the vehicle was tampered with and in the process the battery installed backwards. Does anyone have a clue what damage, if any this might incur?  I'm assuming the relays were removed for repairing this. 

I need to move motorhome. I've not much experience with auto electrical or "hot wiring" but is it relatively easy to start and drive this vehicle until I repair it properly ? 

I can take a picture and figure out how to load it  

Happy motoring. 

Easy Riders are not common so it's unlikely anyone will be able to help from your description. Best chance would be to post pictures of what you've got installed and to buy yourself a multimeter while you wait for replies. You're likely to need one. :)

And then there's the whole question of whether the 'mystery wires and relays' are Factory or DPO installed.

Just a guess, so don't take it as true, but I would guess that they removed your isolator.

Also, if you just want to move it and your ignition is malfunctioning so that it is in an "on" position, and your are certain you have fuel, you could jump the starting solenoid to get it going.  I usually do this with a screwdriver.  Don't do it if you don't know what I'm talking about though. ;)  Things can be messed up and you will likely scare a little pee out of yourself.

I'm assuming, of course, that the battery with the relays behind it is the house battery.  Because your starting battery should be on the passenger side.  The house battery is unnecessary to get you running, so I wouldn't worry about the missing ends, for now, if you can get the engine to crank.

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry, it's the cranking battery that was installed backwards. It's under the hood and wired into the wiring loom so I think it's got nothing to do with the camper. It's the stock relay block next to the cranking battery under the hood.

A wiring diagram would help. Does anyone know if the driveshaft needs to be disconnected if towed? 

Thanks for the suggestions and service manual link. My 5 year old tablet would not open it but I'm getting something with more memory soon. I haven't gone back yet to work on the Easy Ryder. Will study a wiring schematic first. Might just take a big trailer and tow it home. This is a great forum and group. I'm looking forward to learning more. It's about time I learned to use my multimeter more proficiently. 

Towing would always be the best way to relocate it to a more convenient spot.

Alternatively, if you cannot get the battery to power anything, but can manage to get your ignition to the "on" position, you could try to pull/push start.  If you have a manual transmission, of course.

If you are lucky it only took out a body fuse or fuse link when the battery was reversed that would be the most likely scenario. There are more relay sockets than relays they were wired globally some had diesel engines with things like glow plug relays but not in the US. it's too new so that's probably not an issue. The ign switch is a unit by its self there is a small screw that holds it to the lock assembly once removed the switch can be removed and operated with a screwdriver. Pictures would be good.