76 Chinook with the 20R and manual 4sp trans.

Does this chassis have the electric fuel pump in the tank or outside the tank? If in the tank, what filter sock should I be getting?

Should there be a rear frame rail filter and under hood filter or just the under hook fuel filter?

What size rubber fuel line should I buy. I want to purchase parts before starting work.

Sometimes the truck will run good and two minutes later it can not get out of its own way.  Sometimes will fire right up and other times will only start with a push start. I am sure I have two different issues going on but thought I would start with the easier fuel lines first. THEY ARE OOOOOOOOLD. (Found out ALL the rubber fuel line are original....06/76)

Next question, What is the electrical item that is on top of the coil?  I'm sure it has something to do with the ignition. It has a sticker that says "Caution HOT Do not touch".  I have heard that this item can fail and is hard to find to replace. If so, is there an upgrade for it? Still running points.

Thank you for your help, Chris

Edited by MI Chinook
added fuel line date