New Owners & ERS

TheLittlePuppy

Hello to all fellow Toy owners! We had wanted a Toyota motorhome for a long time and spent many hours looking on the web for one. They were always located quite a distance from us. Then, lo and behold, we found one almost in our backyard! We live in Tulsa and it was in Broken Arrow just a few miles away. It is a 1984 Toyota Dolphin and we are the third owners. Bought it last November and it spent a month in the auto shop getting the works to make it road ready. We've had a hard winter and spring so haven't been able to get it all ready inside yet for a trip. Just bought new tires last Saturday. It is in great shape for its age. We have friends here that have a Dolphin and they are going to show us how to use all the stuff. One of the main reasons we wanted a small motorhome is we have three small dogs (the reason we named it "The Little Puppy") and got tired of trying to find pet-friendly places to stay when traveling (what little we do). So the three guys have a new dog house on wheels and they are excited! :ThumbUp: Buddy is an Eskie mix and Andy and Johnnie are Papillons and they like to travel. So we're glad to find this site and all the info. Just a quick question, what emergency road service do you all suggest using? We would be wanting it mainly for towing (hopefully never) and flat tire changes. We've read that if you use your auto insurance for this, it can cause your rate to go up. So tell us what you all use. Thanks and look forward to lots of fun times in our "new" Toy.

Howdy Pup,

I use the Good Sam's Emergency Road Service. They will tow any vehicle that you have. Some of the others will not tow RVs. My Sunrader recently broke down on the road (clutch). The tow truck arrived and had me in my driveway in less than an hour.

My Shih Tsu loves the camper and will not miss an opportunity to go for a ride. He loves to just sit in it while I'm working on it.

Happy Motoring,

Allen

Thanks for the info. I've looked at Good Sam's and Camping World which are managed by the same company. These seem to be the best for this size motorhome. Coach Net appears to be geared more for the larger motorhomes and it is more expensive. AAA doesn't always cover in every region. So we will go with Good Sam's or CW.

The weather has been nice so I've been working in The Little Puppy and the boys are convinced they are being left out <_< . They love to hop in and go for a ride, so they will be off the charts when we actually go camping :rolleyes: !!!

Warm regards and dog woofs,

Dianne