Antenna Cigarette lighter plug not fused

waiter

I installed a new Wineguard Disk type TV antenna on the roof last week as part of my Roof Repairs. This antenna comes with its own power supply / amplifier / Cig Lighter wall plug module.

I was going to install the new wall plug module where the original one was (On the underside of the cabinet above the frig). I went to the Converter box and started pulling 12volt fuses to kill power to the old wall module so I could swap the modules

NOPE - all the fuses removed and the module still has power:waaa:

I'll trace the wires tonight but I'll bet that the module goes directly to the battery (there are two large post type fuses (40amp) under the table seats near the battery, I just about bet the module goes to one of these fuses.

If I find it is fused, I'll probably just reinstall the original unit, It will have a high current Cig Plug, but the TV antenna portion won't work, as it won't be connected.

I'll probably install the new Wineguard module under the cabinet above the couch, Thats where the TV is. Routing the TV Antenna coax over there is no problem, The new Wineguard module will get its power from the Converter box . I may put an ON/OFF switch to kill power to the TV and module. (The TV stays on

The TV is an Under-cabinet AM/FM DVD player TV. It runs great on 12volts. Got it on E-Bay for $110 (New, missing remote control)

post-4544-069772500 1295618358_thumb.jpg

I'll do more pictures when I finish.

If I remember correctly my wingaurd amplifier module has a coax output on the back also. Mine feeds an outside connection so I can watch a TV on a table outside the rig. Coax has loss per foot. That said it is best to keep the amplifier module as close to the antenna as possible with the shortest coax length as possible. A week signal will have a better chance of being amplified and locking. The further away the amplifier is the weaker the signal it has to amplify. Coax makes a big difference also. don't use RG59, use RG6 as it has way less loss per foot.