WHERE IS MY COACH BATTERY?? 1988 Dolphin

BADBOY

Hi all,

Sorry for yelling. Ummm ive been trying to locate the coach battery for my 1988 Toyota Dolphin, and cannot find it. I guess i havent looked hard enough??

My battery stays charged when i run the vehicle, but after a week(or less) of sitting, it discharges. Time for a new one, any battery suggestions?? I was thinking "Gel".. hmmmm.

I have noticed some of these Toyota Rv's have em under the hood. Not mine.

Ok Gentleman, where is that invisible battery? lol

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. :)

Also, your battery might be fine, you might have something draining the power down on you.

I had the same thing with my 1990, even after I replaced the battery. After several hours of

trying to track down the issue, I gave up and purchased a $5 battery cut off that installs directly

on the battery post, it has a knob you turn to disconnect the power.

I agree that there is a good possibility of a phantom drain (a power draw that you have a hard time finding and correcting. Before buying a new battery, disconnect your battery (when you find it) and fully charge it. Let is sit for a week and see if it is still charged. Some auto shops like O'Reily's will check batteries for free. I don't know if they can check a deep cycle battery though.