DC power usage

Yvonne

I'm the new owner of an 18' 1979 Toyota Sunrader. This is my first RV. There are electrical receptacles in the unit. If I switch from Alternating Current to DC will these receptacles work?

I need to use a CPAP machine at night and am wondering where and how to hook it up.

Can anyone enlighten my ignorance?

Yvonne

post-881-1178944543_thumb.jpg

I'm the new owner of an 18' 1979 Toyota Sunrader. This is my first RV. There are electrical receptacles in the unit. If I switch from Alternating Current to DC will these receptacles work?

If your coach has a dc/ac power inverter you should have limited AC power from the battery. If not, you will lose ac power once you disconnect from an AC power source.

Diesel Mike

I also use a cpap. My new one will run on 12 volts dc. I also use a small 150 watt inverter to run it from 12volts dc to 120 volts ac. Unless someone installed an inverter in your rig and wired it up to your plugs I would guess there is a 99.9% chance that when unplugged from shore that the outlets do not work.

Greg

I need to use a CPAP machine at night and am wondering where and how to hook it up.

Can anyone enlighten my ignorance?

Yvonne