NEWBIE HERE!!!!!

Monkey1

Hello all you crazy TOY folks!!

I am hooked and visciously looking for my first TOY.

I see that there a several models and don't know the difference between any of them............yesterday, had the opportunity to look inside an '88 Dolphin that this older couple had and I LIKE IT!!!

Any input on the major differences in the models would be greatly appreciated. Ya'll seem like a great group of folks and I look forward to meeting most of you when I get out on the road.

Thanx again,

M

My "handle" will be "MONKEY"

I think there are 4 different "Dolphin" models. I believe there is a pamphlet in the Files section that shows the floor plan difference.

I have the 1988 "900" model, it has the bath in the back, fold out couch, and a small diner table.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thank you sir, much appreciated. Is that you in the pic?

I think there are 4 different "Dolphin" models. I believe there is a pamphlet in the Files section that shows the floor plan difference.

I have the 1988 "900" model, it has the bath in the back, fold out couch, and a small diner table.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Whatcha ridin'.........? An A-4? USAFA grad by any chance?

I was a Flight Medic aboard the UH-60 in Iraq. My fixed wing

flying days will never be the same.

Thanx for the reply..........drove a '91 Warrior today..........70K miles on it

owner is a retired Preacher from Nebraska...........I'm hooked.

Soviet L39 - two seat Attack / Trainer. I used to own a company that serviced and taught people how to fly these. Currently fly LongEZ (www.iflyez.com)

L39 Gets a lot worst gas mileage than a Toyhouse, but a lot more fun. :ThumbUp:

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

FYI - When looking - probably the two important things to look for; full floating dully rear axle, and rot. Water leaks are probably the number one killer of these Toyhouses. Cabover area seems to be the most suspect.

Rot can be repaired, depends on how much you want to to do, and how bad it is. There are several documented cases of repairs on this site by several different owners.

Here are two links for repairs that I've performed on mine:

Cabover Rot repair

Interior Makeover

There is a file on this site on what to look for, very comprehensive, must read for any Toyhouse owner/wannabe.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

drove a '91 Warrior today..........70K miles on it

owner is a retired Preacher from Nebraska...........I'm hooked.

Hi, Monkey1!

I own a '92 Warrior WT321RL. If you have any questions about the V6 Warriors, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who will try to answer them.

Hi, Monkey1!

I own a '92 Warrior WT321RL. If you have any questions about the V6 Warriors, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who will try to answer them.