I was getting a pulsation when I put my foot on the brake pedal, at first only when I was coming down a long hill (that was 30,000 miles ago). Little by little it got worse so last month I took it in and the mechanic said I needed new rotors and pads. He installed them, all was fine for about a week and then it came back. And it is getting worse. I am in another state now and this mechanic thinks it is my brake line(s) and I am waiting while he orders the parts. Any thoughts?

I was getting a pulsation when I put my foot on the brake pedal,

I seriously doubt that it is brake lines, It could be rotors that have warped or rear drums out of round, or ABS if your truck has them.

It is unusual for rotors to warp that quickly, unless you drag your brakes (resting left foot on pedal while driving is a big nonono), or using the brakes on long hills when you should have shifted into a lower gear. The rear drums would be a possible but unlikely culprit. ABS can give a pulsing on the pedal - a bad sensor can cause it.

You can pull a front wheel and put a dial indicator on the disk rotor to check the run out, dial indicators are often less than $20 with stand at Harbor Freight.

Hope this helps.