94' Daytona by cobra and 94'Winnebago Itasca Spirit which ones better?

KX250FER

Hey guys whats up?

Well I just saw this forum while searching on the net. Im going to make this question plain and simple.

I am looking around for a nice toyota RV as new as possible and really basically the best Toyota I can get. Im searching for my Grandparents as they dont know too much about the net. Money is not an issue here. They want the best possible...my question is we have found 2 toys a Daytona by Cobra and a 94' and 94'Winnebago Itasca Spirit both with a V-6 and they are both 21'-22' from what the dealer says. Before we make the long haul what would you guys suggest and why. I am really not an RV expert but I tried to read your guys forum before I posted a previously answered question. I am aware of the A/C units on the top are great to have and the generator actually on the camper is a plus too. I also know the Cobra does not have the Roof A/C but it comes with it and we can install it ourselves plus their genorator on the Cobra goes outside the camper. Which one is the best to have??? Both have really low miles and look extremely clean.

Also to give back to you guys for helping me out. Everyone and I mean everyone needs to check this website out www.two2cool.com they sell an oil additive and just came out with a ATF trans additive which drops Temps from 20-40 degrees. I am a member of Thumpertalk.com and we all swear by it. We use it in our motorcycles and trucks and its the best thing since peanut butter. Im not sponsored by them and im not a dealer for them just FYI. I will use it in our Toy once we get it as the demand on the v-6 is pretty good and this additive is excellent. PS we use the motorcycle additive on our truck engines and its just amazing!

I think floor plan is your main objective. Ya gotta love the floor plan thats comfortable to you. Rear bath or mid bath , rear kitchen, mid kitchen etc. Having the dinette in the rear is really nice as they usually give a 180 degree view of the scenery. Having the generator installed in the coach is a major advantage to one that you have to lug out and hook up. A portable also needs to have a chain and lock so no one walks off with it. Also if your Grand Parents are really elderly just starting the gen on a cold day could be ruff. One that is built in with electric start from inside is really nice. I would think five years and further down the road. Push buttons can go along way when it comes to enjoyment of your RV.

Only other factor I would really be concerned about is water damage. Check what ever you look at for signs of water leaks. They can mean nothing more than a stain on the wall or there could be serious damage to the structure or roof that you can not see.

Greg

I think floor plan is your main objective. Ya gotta love the floor plan thats comfortable to you. Rear bath or mid bath , rear kitchen, mid kitchen etc. Having the dinette in the rear is really nice as they usually give a 180 degree view of the scenery. Having the generator installed in the coach is a major advantage to one that you have to lug out and hook up. A portable also needs to have a chain and lock so no one walks off with it. Also if your Grand Parents are really elderly just starting the gen on a cold day could be ruff. One that is built in with electric start from inside is really nice. I would think five years and further down the road. Push buttons can go along way when it comes to enjoyment of your RV.

Only other factor I would really be concerned about is water damage. Check what ever you look at for signs of water leaks. They can mean nothing more than a stain on the wall or there could be serious damage to the structure or roof that you can not see.

Greg

Thanks Greg for getting back to me on that! Looks like your holding this forum up as much as I can read so far!

It does seem like that sometimes. Spread the word that we are here. The Yahoo toyota campers group is very popular. There is a ton more options and abilities offered here though. I started this board just to offer more technology to users than Yahoo gives. I think though even the users here have no idea of the available options. We will be upgrading to the latest versions of the board and gallery, maybe tonight or over the weekend.

Thanks

Greg

It does seem like that sometimes. Spread the word that we are here. The Yahoo toyota campers group is very popular. There is a ton more options and abilities offered here though. I started this board just to offer more technology to users than Yahoo gives. I think though even the users here have no idea of the available options. We will be upgrading to the latest versions of the board and gallery, maybe tonight or over the weekend.

Thanks

Greg

Thats cool! If we lock down a deal on one of these toys I will be on here alot. I used to not like forums but when you learn something from others it makes me want to keep and eye out and plus post things I find out about the forum topic.

Thanks

Jim