Camper battery confusion please help ?

christopher collard

Hey guys so when I first got my Toyota mini I got the old battery tested at auto zone they said it was completely dead and I needed to get a new one so I got one they put the battery in for me and the lights started to work in the camper. We always made sure we turned them off before we left the camper ? They worked maybe for a week or so and now the lights don't work anymore do we always have to turn the electrical switches off to the power before leaving I think there also known as breaker or fuse switches the battery is dead now im new to the camper world total newbie so sorry if this is a obvious easy problem ? 

Edited by christopher collard

Also I forgot to add that my father got the electrical fuses checked and everything was fine ? 

Any draw on the battery without recharging will kill it, and eventually ruin it.  In most setups - the power-converter needs to be "off" when you park the rig.  Also, the charging system has to be working and is supposed charge both batteries - the cranking battery for the engine and the "house" battery that runs your camper-coach.