Your front turn signal lenses

payaso del mar

Might be getting hard to find:  http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,1985,pickup,2.4l+l4,1277300,body,turn+signal+lamp+lens,11728

it looks like you might have to buy the whole light assembly.  so I decided a little fixup and refurb of current intact ones was in order; they were also looking a little faded.  so I first wet sanded with 1500 and then 2000 grit silicon carbide paper, to take off the oxidized outer layer and give it a little "tooth' for adhesion. 

then squirted them with 2 coats of acrylic lacquer for UV protection and to gloss em up.

finally, I found some expanded metal mesh I had left over from dogproofing my screened porch....this is the very fine mesh stuff they sell at Lowes in 4x8 sheets, powder coated black.  gonna cut guards from it and screw them onto bumper to protect the lenses.  pix to follow.

P1010064.JPG

and with the guard in place

had so much fun with it, and had some mesh left over, so I also added some to back side of my grille to protect the A/C condenser....more from bug embedding than stones.  secured it in place with black nylon coated fishing leader wire and crimp sleeves.  we'll see if this gives me any obnoxious resonances.

P1010099.JPG

P1010103.JPG