I just acquired a really nice 1993 Dolphin

John A

I just purchased a 1993 Dolphin with 32k miles, V6 Auto. It is almost new, apparently the previous owners (only one) kept it inside. After I bought it I discovered that one of the primary wire bundles (right side of firewall) had been visited for lunch by a rat. The wires had been repaired by splicing and the whole area had been retaped with black electrical tape. All that seems to be ok, except on careful examination after I removed the tape I found two wires that weren't spliced. One is solid gray (which I believe is a ground, but I don't know for what) the other is brown with a white stripe. I have purchased a wiring diagram for a 1992 Toyota (which is correct for the motorhome chassis) but as yet I have not located a brown /white on any of the diagrams. Anybody have any idea what this wire may be.

This is my first Toyota though we have owned 5 other motor homes and still have an American Tradition diesel.

The other interest I have is identifying the service bulletins that have some modifications for the V6 engine. (Head gaskets etc.) If anyone has that info I would appreciate your sending it to me by e-mail. jokaadams2@goinghot.com Thanks..John A

http://www.alldatadiy.com/recalls/ and http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/60/93600950.html should have the info you need. First link is where you start the search for any vehicle, 2nd page is specific to yours. You can buy the bulletins for your vehicle, take the number and search Google for it or take the number to a cooperateve/competent Toyota dealaer and ask for a copy. I suspect Toyota corporate could also help you:

If you'd like to discuss your experience or share your comments, Toyota's Customer Experience Center representatives are happy to assist you.

Phone: 800-331-4331

Fax: 310-468-7814

Mon - Fri: 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PT

Sat: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PT

Or send correspondence to:

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

19001 South Western Ave.

Dept. WC11

Torrance, CA 90501

If you obtain the bulletin from a free source you might consider scanning it to share. As I recall most bulletins are not Copyrighted.....but doublecheck me!