78 Toyota Chinook Passenger Window

Hey folks,

first time on this thing, hoping to find some help. my passenger window came off its rails or something like that. anyway it cant roll up and down like it used to. any advice out there on how I might repair this? I gotta take the door apart and replace some gadgets right? i'll put a picture up soon.

cheers,

peter

Hey folks,

first time on this thing, hoping to find some help. my passenger window came off its rails or something like that. anyway it cant roll up and down like it used to. any advice out there on how I might repair this? I gotta take the door apart and replace some gadgets right? i'll put a picture up soon.

cheers,

peter

My 1978 Chinook did exactly the same. After that I started collecting extra doors and window regualtors/cranks and window guides. I've got half-a-dozen sets for each side here if you get stuck for parts. All comes apart amazing easy - as compared to trying to fix the same on an American made truck.

I forgot to mention - on mine the problem was the window regulator But . .I met another Chinook owner who had an issue with the window glass coming loose from the metal frame it sits in.

• 2 weeks later...