New Owner, Some General Questions

bjkenny

1987 Dolphin, rear bathrom, small dinette. I am searching for answers to the following questions.

- I believe I have an m900, how do I verify this, what are differences?

- Capacity of fresh water, black and grey tanks

- What size gas tanks in the '87s

- Any thoughts on furnace that only starts when thermostat is turned on full and shuts down after about 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Brian K

My 84 dolphin has a plate on the side that identifies it as a 300. Have to look at it just right in the light though. My manual has the specs for many parts of the rig, and I think there's some manuals in archives here.

You said that the furnace starts when turned up all the way, does it actually put out heat or is the blower just running? If the furnace fails to ignite, the blower will turn off after 3 attempts at ignition. This could happen if the gas is not turned on, the battery has a low charge, the igniter is not functioning correctly, or the control board is bad.

Thanks to all who responded.

The furnace does put out heat, for the approx 5 minutes the blower is running. Inside temp in the coach was 53 degrees when I tried it on day 1 of our first trip. Second attempts the following day were in similar coach temps. Gas range and water heater all work fine. Furnace make all the right sounds as it cycles through ignition.

Brochure showing different models is wonderful, thank you Derek up North.