Another propane questions

paulnptld

Looking at the pain in my @$$ that is the horizontally mounted propane system in my RV, it dawned on me that there must be a better way.

To supplement my Big Buddy heater, I recently purchased a composite propane tank. Incredibly lightweight, and transparent so that you can see how much remains. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DGG1SG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since I have a large enclosed iron cage on the back of my RV, would there be any reason I couldn't simply put two of these 20lb tanks at the back of the Dolphin and then permanently remove the horizontal tank? That would also free up a nice internal storage compartment.

Have any of you done something similar?

I've thought of modifying the existing tank compartment, make it about 12 inches taller, and mount two BBQ tanks in there with an auto changeover regulator. One of the projects on the list that never got done.

As for mounting them on the back. Why not, I guess. get a good cover and make sure whatever they are mounted to will support the weight.

I don't worry about someone hitting the back, they'll do a lot of damage anyway, the only problem is, you'll probably add fire to the equation.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto (For Sale)