My broken vent cover

Is this what you call Murphey’s law?

I was parked under a tree at my sister’s house and enjoying the shade during the heat of the day. I put the vent up over the bed to get some fresh air circulating. Well, when I went to leave, I forgot to put the vent cover in the down position and pulled out. I heard a crunching sound and thought that I ran over something. I didn’t give it any thought until tonight when I went to bed. I could see daylight through vent cover. In the morning I got up on the roof to discover that the front half of the vent cover 2 feet by 2 inches was missing. I took duct tape and put two pieces together to make a side and then taped that to the top of the vent. Well, it started to rain shortly after I finished. It worked okay, sort of until I woke up at 3 am with a section of my bed wet. There was a steady drip, but not a downpour like it could have been. Oh the joy of forgetfulness. I will have to special order a vent cover when I get paid next week. Won’t be doing that again. (I posted this on my travel blog: Http://ajoyfultraveler.wordpress.com)